Hello, and thank you for your interest in working with us this year! We look forward to hearing from you!
- This is a very quick-paced business. You will need to practice until you are comfortable and will need to be able to perform tasks accurately in a short amount of time.
- You will also need to become familiar with our menu before beginning.
- Taking customer orders and running a cash register - quickly.
- Scooping or creating ice cream orders accurately and efficiently.
- Cleaning all equipment and washing dishes between customer orders.
- Wiping outside tables and emptying trash.
- Cleaning bathroom daily.
- Restocking items during the day between customer orders.
- Noting items that we are running out of for re-order.
- Wiping down walls and fixtures.
- Sweeping and mopping floors.
- Helping to open and close the shop.
- Superior customer service will be priority. You will need to be outgoing and friendly with everyone.
- Cell phone use is extremely limited. We expect you to clean, restock, etc. when there are no new customers to serve.
- Friends and family will not be allowed to "hang out" in front of the store window to chat.
- Notify us at least 4 weeks prior to times you will need off. You will need to contact Pam directly, not just leave a note.
- Disrespect toward any staff or customers will not be tolerated.
- Anyone caught giving out free ice cream will be reprimanded and dismissed upon second act.
- Stealing from the register will result in automatic dismissal.
- After 3 late arrivals without notification, you will be dismissed.
- You will receive one warning for a "no-show" or "forgotten" date. The next time you will be immediately dismissed.
AVAILABILITY: Please note that we usually only hire one or two people each summer. We give priority to the last season's workers, but keep a list of those interested and will call those who have applied if a spot becomes open.
AGE: For insurance reasons, you MUST be at least 16 years old to work with our machines.
HOURS: This position requires hours on both SATURDAYS AND SUNDAYS with various weeknights EACH week. We are hiring for the end of June through some days in September in October. We are not able to work around other summer jobs as our summer schedule is made up at least a month in advance. We will only hire those that can fill this exact position. You will receive minimum wage.
REQUIRED: You MUST be available to work the following: Graduation weekend, July 4th, July 17,18,19.
QUESTIONS: Please feel free to call Jeremy @ 315-778-1039 with any questions you may have. Many blessings and happy ice cream season!
You can find our Employment Application HERE.